Welcome to the Division of Dermatology, a part of the Department of Medicine at Georgetown University Hospital. Our dermatology practice is dedicated to the diagnosis and treatment of a broad spectrum of skin disorders, as well as to advancing the field of dermatology through participation in clinical research and training future physicians.
As a teaching institution, we provide outpatient services in a manner similar to a large private practice but with the participation of on site academic dermatopathologists, fellows, residents and medical students. We are a referral center for the entire DC area for difficult and unusual conditions and act as a tertiary referral center, accepting referrals from other dermatologists for the diagnosis and care of their patients and for facilitating patient presentation at academic conferences. However, most of our patients either self refer or are sent in by their internists or other physicians directly to our practice.
We offer a wide range of medical, surgical, and cosmetic services, as well as dermatopathology consultation services. We also provide inpatient consultation services for Georgetown University Hospital on a 24/7 basis.
Clinical Programs & Services that we provide include:
- Dermatopathology Laboratory
- Diagnosis and Treatment of Common Dermatoses
- Diagnosis and Treatment of Skin Cancer
- Photodynamic Therapy for Actinic Keratoses
- Laser Treatments
- Other Cosmetic Procedures
- Travel-Related Dermatology Clinic
- Infectious Diseases and Travelers Dermatology Clinic
- Rheumatology/Dermatology Clinic
- Cutaneous T Cell Lymphoma
- Section for Occupational Dermatology/Patch testing ANM
- Skin Cancer
- Photodynamic Therapy for Actinic Keratosis
Please contact us to schedule an appointment, or for general information, other inquiries, or directions.