Faculty evaluate patients with kidney disease or hypertension as outpatient in daily clinics on the 5th floor of the Pasquerilla Health Center Building at MedStar Georgetown University Hospital (Entrance 1 from 3800 Reservoir Road, NW). For information or appointments, call: 202-444-9183.
The division has an active inpatient clinic service with consultation, hemodialysis, and continuous dialysis procedures.
The division is a joint venture partner with DaVita, Inc. to run several dialysis units in the area where patients can receive hemodialysis (HD) or continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysis (CAPD) or home hemodialysis (HHD). These are located at:
- K Street in Georgetown (Tel: 202-333-5211) for HD or HHD
- Union Plaza near Union Station (Tel.: 202-842-3127) for HD and CAPD
- Rivertown at Oxon Hill, M.D. (Tel.: 301-839-3443) for HD
- Grant Park (Tel.: 202-399-7700) for HD
- Georgetown Home at Home (Tel: 202-337-1431) for HHD and CAPD
Clinical Faculty, Division of Nephrology and Hypertension
- Christopher S. Wilcox, MD, PhD (Chief)
- Robert J. Rubin, MD
- Michael Lipkowitz, MD (Chief of the educational service)
- Serban Dragoi, MD, PhD
- Chanigan Nilubol, MD
- Javed Rahmat, MD
- Judit Gordon-Cappitelli, MD
- Wen Shen, MD, PhD
- Usman Rahmat, MD
For information or appointments, call: 202-444-9183. Directions to our office.