Christopher Wilcox and William Welch’s Laboratory
- Pathophysiology of renovascular hypertension.
- Mechanism of renal adaptation to high salt intake.
- Role of nitric oxide and oxidative stress in regulation of blood pressure and kidney function.
- Mechanisms of progressive loss of kidney funtion in models of chronic kidney disease.
- Role of isoprostanes, adenosine and vasoconstrictor prostaglandins in tubuloglomerular CKD and hypertension.
- Regulation of renal oxygenation.
- Studies of the isolated perfused renal afferent arterioles and mesenteric resistance vessels.
- Renal myogenic and autoregulatory responses.
- Signal by microRNAs.
- Novel diuretic drugs.
- Novel antioxidant drugs.
Kathryn Sandberg's Laboratory
- Interaction of sex hormones with the renin angiotensin system.
- G protein-coupled receptors.
- Post-transcriptional regulation.