Internal Medicine Residency Program
Our program offers the opportunity for superb training in one of the finest Medical Centers in the country. Georgetown offers a variety of clinical venues, exposure to top notch clinicians, educators, researchers, and residency training and education to prepare you for Medicine in the years to come.
Program highlights include:
- Most recognized teaching hospital in the Washington, DC metropolitan area
- $130 Million in research funding
- Lombardi Cancer Center - an N.C.I. "Comprehensive Cancer Center"
- U.S. News and World Report "Best Hospitals"
- National Institutes of Health (NIH) affiliation
- "Magnet" Hospital
- Center for Clinical Bioethics at Georgetown University Medical Center
- MedStar affiliation - largest health system in the region
- Excellent fellowship match (NEW!! 2013 fellowship placement here) and job placement
- Outstanding residents from diverse backgrounds
- Located on the Georgetown University campus in Washington, DC, which is known for its museums, arts, culture, and historic sites in and around the metropolitan area.
Table of Contents
- Program Overview
- Welcome from the Program Director
- Application Information
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Program Features
- Salary and Benefits
- Affiliated Hospitals
- Ambulatory Education
- Research Opportunities for Residents
- About our Residents
- Residency Contact Information
Stay in Touch!
Sign-up for our Internal Medicine e-newsletter and stay in touch with residency alumni and friends.
You can also find us on Facebook