Georgetown University Hospital Program (Washington, DC): Program Number: 1401021091
WE ARE THE PRIMARY TEACHING HOSPITAL FOR THE GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF MEDICINE AND ARE LOCATED ADJACENT TO THE SCHOOL OF MEDICINE, ON THE GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY CAMPUS
(not to be confused with Georgetown University Hospital/Washington Hospital Center Program, Washington, DC, which is a separate residency, located at our Medstar partner hospital - Washington Hospital Center)
Our program offers the opportunity for superb training in one of the finest Medical Centers in the country. Georgetown offers a variety of clinical venues, exposure to top notch clinicians, educators, researchers, and residency training and education to prepare you for Medicine in the years to come.
Program highlights include
- Most recognized teaching hospital in the Washington, DC metropolitan area
- $130 Million in research funding
- New block scheduling July 2014
- Health policy and public health elective with multiple site visits (F.D.A, Capitol Hill, AHRQ) and prominent speakers (Margaret Hamburg, Tom Daschle)
- Lombardi Cancer Center - an N.C.I. "Comprehensive Cancer Center"
- U.S. News and World Report "Best Hospitals"
- National Institutes of Health (NIH) affiliation
- "Magnet" Hospital
- Center for Clinical Bioethics at Georgetown University Medical Center
- MedStar affiliation - largest health system in the region
- Excellent fellowship match (NEW!! 2008-2013 fellowship placement here) and job placement
- Outstanding residents from diverse backgrounds
- Located on the Georgetown University campus in Washington, DC, which is known for its museums, arts, culture, and historic sites in and around the metropolitan area.
Table of Contents
- Welcome from the Program Director
- Application Information
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Program Features
- Salary and Benefits
- Affiliated Hospitals
- Ambulatory Education
- Research Opportunities for Residents
- About our Residents
- Meet our Chief Residents
- Residency Contact Information
Stay in Touch!
Sign-up for our Internal Medicine e-newsletter and stay in touch with residency alumni and friends.