Our division focuses on research that improves the safety and quality of care for the hospitalized patient, health communication, and health care policy.
Current areas of research include:
- Geographical Structured Interdisciplinary Rounding (GSIDR)
- Physician Handoffs: CORES Safety Study
- Transitions in Patient Care
- Diabetes Education in High Risk Minority Patients
- HIV Screening in Hospitalized Patients
- Medical Consultation Patterns
- Prevention of Venous Thromboembolic Disease
- Prevention of Catheter Associated Urinary Tract Infections
Our hospitalists currently work with medical residents, medical students, and students from the School of Nursing and Health Studies, providing mentorship and education in hospital based research. One of our members also sits on the student research committee. Additionally, we have had abstracts presented at both National and Local meetings.