Application Information: Internal Medicine Residency Program
What You Need to Know to Apply
Georgetown sponsors the following residency programs in internal medicine:
- Categorical Medicine Residency (3 years)
- Medicine-Pediatrics Residency (4 years) – follow this link to the Med/Peds website
Candidates for the Internal Medicine and Medicine-Pediatrics Programs must apply through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). The following documents are required in order to have your application reviewed:
- ERAS common application form. We have chosen to not use the ERAS supplemental application this year until more is known as to how it benefits applicants and programs.
- USMLE Step I transcript (required for ALL applicants, including DO, to interview for our program)
- USMLE Step II CK and CS when available
- Osteopathic applicants: your COMLEX scores will be accepted and reviewed, but USMLE Step I scores are preferred to interview for our program. We require matched applicants to take USMLE Step II CK but either USMLE Step II CS or COMLEX Clinical Skills exam are accepted.
- Medical school transcript
- Personal statement
- Dean’s Letter
- 3 letters of recommendation, including one departmental support letter (typically from the Chair of Medicine and/or Medicine Clerkship Director).
- A fourth letter of recommendation will be accepted
- Virtual Open House Dates: 9/8/21, 9/15/21, 9/22/21, 9/29/21 at 7:00PM EST. Georgetown.zoom.com/my/georgetownIM
- June 9, 2021: ERAS 2022 Season begins
- September 1, 2021: Applicants may begin submitting applications to programs at 9:00AM EST
- September 29th, 2021: Residency programs may begin reviewing applications and MSPEs at 9:00AM EST.
VISA POLICY: J1 visas are sponsored through Georgetown University Hospital.
We currently do not have the ability to sponsor H1B visas.
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.