The Department of Internal Medicine at Georgetown strives to provide excellent care to patients while equipping resident-physicians with the skills needed to lead in quality improvement.
Our healthcare system is constantly changing, and we believe that patient outcomes are enhanced when we focus on improving the performance of our care delivery.
WHAT WE DO
In addition to providing great patient care, engaging in teaching and research, our residents work with program leadership and hospital management to improve the Department of Medicine clinical operations, including but not limited to, patient safety and quality, resource utilization, and IM residency program satisfaction.
- Improving Diabetes Care at La Clinica
- Utilization of iPhone HealthCare App
- Ambulatory Education in Local Elementary Schools
- Improvement of Outpatient Lectures
- Transition of Care and Readmission Rates
- Nurse Navigator Project
- IV Anti-hypertensive Use in Inpatient Setting
- MSRA PCR and Use of Vancomycin
- IV Penicillin Allergy Desensitization
- High Value Care
- Social Medicine Curriculum and Health Equity Track
- Expanding LGBTQ+ Awareness and Care
- Evaluations and Feedback Improvement
- Healthcare Leadership and Management Curriculum
GEORGETOWN IM QI LEADERS
Quality Improvement at our program is resident-led by our wonderful Clinical Operations Performance Committee and is overseen by our program director and APD. During the end of their PGY1 year, interns who have shown commitment to quality improvement in our program and our hospital are chosen to lead the committee during their PGY2 year. The committee is responsible for overseeing all things related to quality improvement in the Department of Internal Medicine.
Committee Co Chair
Committee Co Chair
Inpatient and Residency Operations
Residency Operations Lead
Nha Han Pham
Inpatient Operations Lead
Resource Utilization Lead
Dr. Sean Whelton
Dr. Alex Montero
Assistant Program Director Quality and Safety
Interested in joining our QI Committee?
Fill out this form, we’d love to to hear from you.