Patient Care: Division of Gastroenterology
The gastrointestinal (GI) system is an extensive network of tubes and specialized organs that allow us to digest our food, remove nutrients and dispose of waste. Yet because of its complexity and the foreign matter we ingest every day, the system is susceptible to problems. Nearly 70 million Americans suffer from gastrointestinal disorders, which are responsible for the hospitalization of more people in this country than any other group of diseases.
At Georgetown’s Division of Gastroenterology, we offer physician expertise in each aspect of this intricate system. From screening and diagnosis to advanced treatment and research, our GI department is nationally recognized for providing the highest level of quality care.
Georgetown GI is organized into specialized sections. Some of the sections focus on specific parts of the digestive system, while others offer expertise in certain types of testing that can be used for several different parts of the body.
Specialized Clinical Services
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease Center
- Center for Pancreatic and Biliary Diseases
- Esophageal/Motility Studies Laboratory
- Gastrointestinal Cancer Evaluation and Treatment Center
- Liver Treatment Center
- Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition
Highly Specialized Testing and Treatment
- Colon Cancer Screening: A Life-Saving Tool
- Esophageal and Colonic Stent Placement
- Endoscopic Ultrasound and Fine Needle Aspiration
- Interventional Endoscopic Ultrasound
- Wireless “Capsule” Endoscopy for Evaluation of Obscure GI Bleeding
To schedule an appointment with a gastroenterology (GI) expert, please call 202-444-8541. Directions to our office.