Medicine-Pediatrics Residency Program
Program Mission Statement
At Medstar Georgetown Med-Peds, we strive for clinical excellence in an environment that reflects the Jesuit motto of Cura personalis, “care of the whole person.” Our program seeks to recognize the unique gifts, challenges, and needs of each learner and teacher in our community. Residents graduate with the confidence and competence to excel in caring for patients of all ages in both inpatient and outpatient settings. We seek to recruit students with a diverse array of potential career pathways that build upon the common foundations of Internal Medicine and Pediatrics. We are united by a holistic, humanistic approach to patient care whether pursuing a subspecialty, primary care, global health, transitional care, public policy, academic medicine or hospitalist medicine. This aligns seamlessly with our health care system whose mission is to serve our patients, those who care for them, and our communities.
Follow us on Instagram and Twitter
- Most recognized teaching hospital in the D.C. metropolitan area.
- $125 million in research funding.
- Georgetown Lombardi Cancer Center, an N.C.I. Comprehensive Cancer Center
- On U.S. News and World Report “Best Regional Hospitals” list
- N.I.H. affiliation
- Center for Clinical Bioethics
- Excellent fellowship match and job placement
- MedStar affiliation – largest health system in the region
- Proximity to downtown D.C. attractions (Kennedy Center, Smithsonian, historic sites)
- Outstanding residents from diverse backgrounds