Patient Care: Division of Infectious Diseases and Travel Medicine
The Division of Infectious Diseases has consistently been among the top scoring divisions for patient satisfaction. This repeat honor reflects the strong emphasis placed by Infectious Diseases staff both on having state-of-the-art clinical knowledge and on caring for the whole person.
The Georgetown Infectious Disease Cinic is a dynamic clinical practice that provides healthcare management for an outpatient population of approximately 1,000 patients.
Outpatient Services include care in the following areas:
- General Infectious Disease Out-Patient Care Clinic
- Hepatitis Treatment Clinic
- Infusion Services
In addition we provide comprehensive clinical care which includes a nurse case manager, a social worker, and a treatment adherence specialist.
Inpatient and Outpatient Infectious Diseases Consultative Services
Consultative and diagnostic services for patients with all types of infectious agents including bacteria, viruses, fungi and parasites. The special services we provide to our patients include: home infusion management, post hospital care, psycho-social support, and nurse management. We have a phlebotomy lab in clinic for patient convenience. Our expertise in evaluation and treatment includes:
- Blood stream infections
- Bone and joint infections
- C. difficile
- Central nervous infections, including meningitis
- Fever of unknown etiology
- Fungal infections
- Hepatitis B and C
- HIV disease and AIDS
- Infections in patients with cancer
- Infections in patients on immunosuppressive therapy
- International and travel medicine
- Lyme disease
- Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) skin infections
- Mycobacterial infections
- Parasitic diseases
- Post operative infections
- Sexually transmitted diseases
- Transplant Patients: Pre-transplant infectious disease evaluation and evaluation of post-transplant infections
The Infectious Disease practice has the honor of being selected as an AIDS Clinical Trial Group (ACTG) research site and offers clinical trials focusing on: state- of -the art treatment regimens and furthering the biologic and clinical understanding of HIV disease.
Please call us at 202-444-0086 to schedule an appointment. Directions to our office.