References: Division of Infectious Diseases
1. Collier AC, Kalish LA, Busch MP, Gernsheimer T, Assmann SF, Lane TA, Asmuth DM, Lederman MM, Murphy EL, Kumar P, Kelley M, Flanigan TP, McMahon DK, Sacks HS, Kennedy MS, Holland PV.: Leukocyte-Reduced Red Blood Cell Transfusions In Patients with Anemia and Human Immunodeficiency Virus Infection. JAMA 2001; 285:1592-1601.
2. Murphy EL, Assmann SF, Collier AC, Flanigan TP, Kumar PN, Walach FR, Krubel S. Determinants of Antimicrobial Prophylaxis Use and Treatment for Wasting Among Patients with Advanced HIV Disease in the United States, 1995 to 1998. Clin Infect Dis. January 2001; Vol. 32:116-123.
3. Kumar P, Sweet D, McDowell J, Symonds W, Lou Y, Hetherington S, Lafon S. Safety and Pharmacokinetics of Abacavir (1592U89) Following Oral Administration of Escalating Single Doses in Human Immunodeficiency Virus Type-1 Infected Adults. Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy (AAC) March 1999, Vol 43 (3): 603-608.
4. Hafner R, Bethel J, Power M, Landry B, Banach M, Mole L, Standiford HC, Follansbee S, Kumar P, Raasch R, Cohn D, Mushatt D, Drusano G. Tolerance and Pharmacokinetic Interactions of Rifabutin and Clarithromycin in Human Immunodeficiency Virus-Infected Volunteers. Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy (AAC). 1998, 42(3):631-639.
5. Hafner R, Bethel J, Standiford HC, Follansbee S, Kumar PN, et al.: Tolerance ad Pharmacokinetic. Ineractions of Rifabutin and Azithromycin. Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy, May 2001, p. 1572-1577.
6. 873140, a Novel CCR5 Antagonist: Antiviral Activity and Safety during Short-Term Monotherapy in HIV Infected Adults. J Lalezari, M Thompson, P Kumar, P Piliero, R Davey, T Murtaugh, K Patterson, A Shachoy Clark, K Adkison, J Demarest, S Sparks L Fang, Y Lou, M Berrey, S Piscitelli. AIDS In Press
7. Prospective study of hyperlipidemia in ART-naive subjects taking combivir/abacavir (COM/ABC) vs. Combivir/nelfinavir (COM/NFV) vs. Stavudine/lamivudine/nelfinavir (d4T/3TC/NFV): 48 week data. P. Kumar. CROI Seattle – Washington. February 2002
8. Reichman R, Fischl M, Powderly W, Timpone J, Bassiakos Y, and the ACTG 199 Team, Upjohn Company, and the NIAID Phase I Study of Atevirdine, a Non – nucleoside Reverse Transcriptase Inhibitor, Given in Combination with Zidovudine Abstract No., PO-B26-2055, IX International Conference on AIDS: Berlin, June 1993.
9. Alston B, Mitsuyasu R, Lertora J, Flexner C, Timpone J. Van der Horst C, and NIH AIDS Clinical Trials Group and the Upjohn Company. Phase I Study of sCD4-PE40 in HIV infected Persons (ACTG 201), Abstract NO., PO-B29-2178-IX, International Conference on AIDS: Berlin, June 1993.
10. Collier AC, Combs RW, Schoenfeld DA, Bassett RL, Timpone J, Baruch A, Jones M, Facey K, Whitacre C, McAuliffe VJ, Friedman HM, Merigan TC, Reichman RC, Hooper C, Corey L: “Treatment of human immunodeficiency virus infection with Saquinavir, zidovudine, and zalcitabine. AIDS Clinical Trials Group 229. New Engl J Med. 1996 Apr 18;334(16):1011-7.
11. Japour AJ, Lertora JJ, Meehan PM, Erice A, Connor JD, Griffith BP, Clax PA, Holden-Wiltse J, Hussey S, Walesky M, Cooney E, Pollard R, Timpone J, McLaren C, Johanneson N, Wood K, Booth D, Bassiakos Y, Crumpacker CS: “A Phase-I study of the safety, pharmacokinetics, and antiviral activity of combination didanosine and ribavirin in patients with HIV-1 disease”. AIDS Clinical Trials Group 231. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr Hum Retrovirol. 1996 Nov 1;13(3):235-46.
12. D’Aquila DT, Hughes MD, Johnson VA, Fishchl MA, Sommadossi JP, Liou SH, Timpone JG, Myers M, Basgoz N, Niu M, Hirsch M: “Nevirapine, Zidovudine, and Didanosine Compared with Zidovudine and Didanosine in Patients with HIV-1 Infection”A Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Trial. Ann Inern Med 1996; 1 24(12): 1019-1030.
13. Hall CD, Dafni U, Simpson D, Clifford D, Wetherill P, Cohen S, McArthur J, Hollander H, Yainnoutsos C, Major E, Millar L, Timpone J, AIDS Clinical Trials Group 243 Team: “Failure of Cytarabine in Progressive Multifocal Leukoencephalopathy Associated with Humarn Immunodeficiency Virus Infection,” New Engl J Med 1998; 338:1345-1351.
14. Timpone JG, Wright DJ, Li N, Egorin MJ, Enama ME, Mayers J, Galetto G, and the DATRI 004 Study Group: “The Safety and Pharmacokinetics of Single-Agent and Combination Therapy with Megestrol Acetate and Dronabinol for the Treatment of HIV Wasting Syndrome.” AIDS Research and Human Retroviruses 1997: 13(4): 305-315.
15. Timpone J, King J, et.al. The Pharmacokinetics of Indinavir, Ritonavir and Efavirenz Abstract: 6th International HIV Pharmacology Workshop, Quebec April 2005.
16. Timpone J, Flume D, Nascone J, Evans B, Kumar P.: Avascular Necrosis in HIV+ Patients a Potential Link to Protease Inhibitors. Abstract 6th Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infectious, Chicago, February 1999.
17. Brown T, Ruppe M, Kehoe T, Kumar P, and Timpone J.: The Prevalence of Bone Loss in HIV Infected Patients Receiving HAART. Abstract accepted for presentation at ASBMR, Phoenix, AZ, October 2001.
18. Brown TT, Ruppe MD, Kassner R, Kumar P, Kehoe T, Dobs AS, Timpone JG. Reduced Bone Mineral Density in Human Immunodeficiency Virus-Infected Patients and Its Association with Increased Central Adiposity and Postload Hyperglycemia. J of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism 2004; 89(3):1200-1206.
19. Tien PC, Cole SR, Williams C, Li R, Justman J, Cohen M, Young M, Rubin N, Augengraun M, and Grunfeld C. “Incidence of Lipoatrophy and Liohypertrophy in the WIHS.” J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 34:461-466.2003.
20. Anastos K, Barron Y, Cohen M, Greenblatt R, Minkoff H, Levine A, Young M, Gange S. “The Prognostic Importance of Changes in CD4 Cell Count and HIV-1 RNA Level in Women after Initiating HAART Therapy.” Annals of Int. Med. 140;(4):256-264. Feb. 2004.
21. Cohen MH, Cook JA, Grey D, Young M, Hanau L, Tien PC,Levine A, and Wilson T. “Medically Eligible Women not on Highly Active Antiretroviral Therapy: The Importance of Abuse, Drug Use and Race.” Am J Public Health 2004;94:1147-1151.
22. Siverberg MJ, Gore ME, French A, Gandhi M, Glesby M, Kovacs A, Wilson T, Young M, and Gange S. Prevalence of clinical symptoms associated with highly active antiretroviral therapy in the Women’s Interagency HIV study. Clin Infect Dis 2004;39:717-724
23. Gange S, Schneider M, Grant RM, Liegler T, French A, Young M, Anastos K, Wilson T, Ponth C and GreenblattR. Genotype Resistance and Immunologic Outcomes among HIV-1 Infected Women with Viral Failure. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 2005 (in press).